Ann Smith, Jeska McNicol, Graeme Finlay.
This research developed:
- A summary of relevant knowledge from around the world with regard to initiatives to encourage industry uptake and sustainability for homes, including success factors.
- A conceptual map of the industry in New Zealand (in its broadest sense, the ‘housing supply industry’ which incorporates financial institutions and real estate agents).
- A high level assessment of the current and likely future capacity of the industry to deliver sustainability outcomes, particularly (but not limited to) the capacity for retrofit.
- An alternative approach to achieving this objective (Industry Research) described and costed.
- An estimate of the likely impact of each alternative approach (including the existing one) as well as in terms of the inputs required for the optimisation tool established under INT1.