Symposia, conference papers and study tours
We share our research and learning across the sector in a number of ways:
We run Beacon symposia for interested stakeholders.
- Our 2007 symposia, Sustainable Homes and Neighbourhoods, were held for shareholders in Auckland and for stakeholders in Wellington and Christchurch.
- Our 2008 symposia, Building Momentum for Sustainable Homes, were held in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch.
- Our 2010 symposia were held in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch.
- Our 2012 symposia, A Tale of Two Cities: Housing Challenges in Christchurch and Auckland, were held in Christchurch, Auckland and Wellington.
We also present our research in conference papers to relevant conferences in New Zealand and overseas. In addition to presenting research, Beacon has helped to organise two Sustainable Building conferences in New Zealand, SB07 and SB10. We are currently part of the organising committee for the Building a Better New Zealand conference in 2014.
We run study tours to bring together stakeholders from across the sector in looking at developments and progress in housing and neighbourhoods overseas.
- Medium density that works well - study tour 2015
- Successful medium density in North America 2013
- New housing developments in the UK - study tour 2012
- The UK Code for Sustainable Homes - study tour 2008