Information for HomeSmart homeowners
Thank you to all who took part in the HomeSmart Renovation project. In particular, we thank:
- the 650 homeowners from Auckland , Rotorua, Taupo, Wellington, Marlborough, Christchurch, Dunedin and Southland who had their home assessed by our independent assessors
- the 432 households who actively participated interviews and surveys, and undertook renovations as part of the project
- the 183 homes which were monitored using temperature loggers in living areas and the main bedroom and humidity gauges
- the 76 homes which had their water use monitored, either by water bills or by having water meters installed
Thank you for your interest and participation. We hope this project had positive spin-offs for you, your families and homes.
HomeSmart Renovations information
We have kept the information sent out to homeowners on the website. It provides research-based advice on how to improve your home’s performance.
- all you need to know in one place
- how to manage your own renovations
- full of tips for homeowners
Get further advice and information from:
- 'Whole of house' renovation
- What a 'whole-of-house' renovation might look like
- Sustainable renovation 101